Backpacking in Asia doesn’t have to mean contending with filmsy walls, minimal privacy and bedbug infestations.
1) The entrannce to Singapore’s ADLER HOSTEL is a bit dated, but the rest of the place is much more contemporay. The roomy, 16-bed dorms come with thick satin privacy curtains and in-bunk light switches. www.adlerhostel.com
2) Taipei’s MANGO53 INN – set in a renovated, 50 year old townhouse – is worth spending a few nights in. The common room in the attic is a cosy spot in which to chat with newfound friends. tel: +886 (()) 8667 7837
3) Specially designed by the Hong Kong Government Home Affairs Bureau, Y-Lft was built to promoyte youth development. Towards that end, this roomy hostel provides safe, comfy digs for backpackers. www.youthsquare.hk
4) The popular bar at HANOI BACKPACKERS HOSTEL is a handy icebreaker for those travelling solo. Beyond the appeal of holiday revelry, the en-suite rooms are elegant and the dorms are spacious. tel: +84(0)4 393 5189.
5) Located in Bangkok, Thailand, a tourist attraction in itself, the SILOM ART HOSTEL is splashed with eccentric murals, collages, and plenty of Quick. Rice bag cushions, steal hammocks and chairs with artificial human feet are just afew of the surprises you’ll find in this comfort zone. www.silomarthostel.com
Incoming search terms:
- best hostels asia
- mango53 inn
- the best 2013 hostel in hong kong
ASIA bangkok BEST HOSTELS Singapore Taipei thailand